4th September

Sunday morning was a damp start but not too bad, I let Merlots group out and cleaned the puppies when I went to get Merlots group in as they had been out ages and only half of the group came back to the gate I found Homer tied this was a surprise as this is his first good mating on his own since he arrived, he thought he would make the most of it as 45 minutes later they were still tied, not an ideal start to the morning running this far behind.
I washed up all the bowls and waited patiently for them to return so I could get Shone’s group out into the field they were still waiting out on the drive.
Enya has got a really nasty hot spot on her back so I have cleaned it all off and clipped it to stop any infection.
The puppies were creating as they should have been out on the drive for a run by now.
I cleaned the bottom block and Kiro’s yard and then came back Homer had finished so I put them away and let the puppies out.
I did the top groups and got back down just before the rain got too heavy.
Just enough time for coffee and breakfast before a customer arrived.
We tried Razzle on the mating the female Bella really didn’t like him and then he had a minor accident and was really dripping blood, so on that note I decided I didn’t want to use Razzle as he could well be too big for the bitch.
I had a chat with the owner of the bitch and we swapped over dogs and used the old boy Rupert.
We had a good mating and a good tie so hopefully more Rupert puppies on the way.
I just managed to get everyone out and the lab group swopped over and then everyone fed before my next customers arrived to pick up their puppy.
After they left I locked up again and got the puppies out on the drive for a good run.
I had time in-between people coming to spend time with each group when they were out.
Last customer late afternoon and then I fed Shone’s group early and let everyone out again.
My plans were to finish at 8 o clock for a change.
So evening feeds done and morning feeds ready.
Shone’s group up on the drive so they can either stay out or come in with me.
Bank holiday Monday
The kennel dogs woke me up just before 5 am so I got up and let Shone’s group out of my room and checked all the dogs everyone was ok so I brought Shone’s group back in and went back to bed for an hour and Voodoo stayed on the bed having a cuddle.
I then got up and let everyone out and fed them.
I had a mating early with Crumble and then did the top groups.
All the puppies had a great time running around on the drive.
I burnt loads of rubbish that had accumulated as I hadn’t been able to carry it all up the hill with my ribs hurting but now they are not so bad as long as I don’t try to carry too much.
Coosa’s group were all out eating and I was filling up buckets, Coosa came into the pen for a cuddle which was great until all the rest came hurtling in and tried to trample me, I then made my exit as I didn’t want everyone jumping on me.
I had several phone calls and emails to sort out.
I wrote some of the blog it was so peaceful everyone was sleeping.
It was so hot no one wanted to go out so I popped into town to get some blinds for the house ready for when Dave comes down so he can fit them.
I got home to wait for the guy supposed to be coming to look at the floor in the utility room.
I let all the dogs out for a run and then swapped the dogs out in the field.
I did a few bits out in the house ready for the builders coming in tomorrow.
All the evening feeds were done and then I fed Shone and her group and then locked up the dogs at the top kennel.
I brought Shone’s group up for the night.
All the dogs done and gates opened for the builders all coming back to work.
A mating booked in for early morning so it is not too hot.
A customer arriving straight after the mating.
I popped out for meat and bones.
Everyone been and gone by 10.30 and dogs back out on the drive and the fields.
I cleaned the bottom block and got the washing done.
Paper work for an hour and then lunch time feeds all done.
I spent most of the afternoon out with each group and took pictures of all of the little dogs.
I cleaned ears on a number of labradoodles.
All the floors washed in the office and then in the kitchen.
I swapped all the dogs around and then went up to see Nath and Laura.
We had dinner and then came home and did all the dogs and brought Shone’s group up for the night.
Everyone done and pens washed.
A customer arrived to pick up their puppy.
I had a mating with one of the doodle girls and then the puppies all went out for another run before a customer arrived to look at the different breeds for a future puppy.
After they left I did the lunch time feeds and then went out weeding for an hour.
I popped into the house to sort some stuff out with the builders and then Mark came to look at the utility floor.
I then had time to go and play with Shone’s group.
I had an ear cleaning session while the dogs were out and then a couple of pups out for pictures as the first lot I did some where not great.
Coosa had a brush and then I got the evening feeds ready and brought Shone’s group up to eat, I have to remember now to clip both gates on the front pen as Shone has showed Voodoo how to open all the gates.
I woke up with a headache so a little slow first thing but then I was fine just tired.
Everyone done and the builders in and Hannah here grooming.
All the top dogs done and out.
I quickly went to town to the post office and then doughnuts for the guys.
When I got home I swapped over dogs and sorted out the washing.
A quick chat with the builders and then lunch time feeding.
The puppies all had a run in the drive and then in for food.
Rupert had his ears done as they were quite sore today, so he spent a couple of hours sat on my chair in the office until he was happy enough not to scratch at them and make them sore again.
I had two people booked in to see puppies and an older poodle toady so gates open and pups playing in the front pen.
Hannah was getting through the bathing as we have now got fewer dogs Hannah is finding it easier to keep up with the clipping and bathing now.
I had a couple of visitors to view puppies and another couple of people came to view Peaches with their dog it was a total disaster.
Peaches really didn’t like the dog and made very clear she did not want to go so she is still here.
Before they left Anna came around for a few hours and we went for a walk around the woods, the dogs were great apart from Narla who shoulder dropped into sheep poo.
We got home and had coffee and then I got all of my dogs finished and fed and put to bed.
All the dogs done and top kennels cleaned.
I had two lots of customers booked in for the morning.
It was not best morning as I was trying to deal with issues with the builders consequently I now don’t have painter!
Anyway I popped into town to pick up meat and cement.
Home and lunch time feeds done

The afternoon was catching up on cleaning so I was ready for the wedding on Saturday.
Vicci arrived mid-afternoon with Buck so Shone’s group went out again in the field for a couple of hours.
We scrubbed and hosed the bottom block and fed Fern.
All dogs were fed and we finished around 8.30.
Very busy morning with cleaning until nearly 11 o clock, all the dogs had a really good run before the rain we moved dogs from 5 kennels and changed their kennels and then put them back into different kennels ready for bitches whelping.
We had two people view dogs one an older dog and the other family came to view puppies.
We fed everyone and then left for Kirsty’s wedding.
We had a great afternoon at the wedding and then came home to let all the dogs out again and feed the puppies.
After everyone was done and the wolf dogs fed we went back to the wedding reception.

Comments are closed.